The Student Council is a representative body of the Faculty's students.
Members of the Student Council and its president are elected each year by students at the Student Assembly by open ballot and with the majority vote of the students present. Each study programme and each year of study has at least one representative in the Student Council. Students elect student representatives to the Senate and the Academic Assembly at the same time and in the same manner.
- Gives an opinion on a statute proposal in the part relating to students' rights and duties;
- Gives an opinion on other general legal acts of the Faculty relating to students' rights and duties;
- Organises the elections of student representatives to the Senate and Academic Assembly;
- In cooperation with the student community, it adopts and implements the programme of students' extracurricular activities;
- Gives an opinion on the pedagogical qualifications of higher education teachers and higher education associates as they are re-conferred their titles;
- Examines the Self-Evaluation Report;
- It takes part in the assessment and verification of students' actual workload according to the manner and procedure laid down by another general legal act of the Faculty;
- Performs other student-related tasks.
- If the Faculty's authorised bodies do not take into account the Student Council's opinion on the regulatory proposals referred to in the previous article, the council may request a reconsideration, with three representatives of the Student Council being allowed to attend the session of the body authorised to adopt the acts referred to in the previous article. This number does not include the members of this body, i.e., student representatives. At the session the students can state their opinion again and substantiate it. At the session of the body authorised to adopt the acts referred to in the previous article, only members of this body are eligible to vote. After the reconsideration the body's decision is final.
The Student Council elects its representatives to the Faculty's bodies, namely:
- Two to the Senate;
- One-fifth of the members of the Academic Assembly;
- in the committees of the faculty senate.
The term of office for student representatives in the Faculty's bodies is one (1) year from the date on which they were elected. After their term of office expires, student representatives can be re-elected to the same Faculty body. If, for whatever reason, new student representatives are not elected to the Faculty's bodies before the term of office expires, the current student representatives in the Faculty's bodies continue their work until new student representatives are elected.