Faculty of Economics and Informatics is a central independent higher education and research institution in the statistical region of Southeast Slovenia, educating, researching and advising in the field of business and management of economic and non-economic entities.
In the scope of these activities the Faculty integrates various social sciences: economic and business sciences, legal and organisational sciences, communicology, psychology, sociology, including foreign languages, striving to offer comprehensive, quality and applicable knowledge with quality educational programmes, their upgrades and adjustments to international standards, excellent higher education teachers and associates, as well as capable and ambitious students, who are gaining knowledge through modern teaching methods and active participation in the educational process.
Considering the mentioned guidelines, the Faculty’s mission is focused on the following:
- ensuring quality education and training for the competent performance at middle- and high-ranked positions in the areas of management, business operations, informatics, organisation of business systems, legislation and law regulations, asset management, human resource management, and the use of information-management systems,
- developing the expertise and cooperation in scientific research activities,
- ensuring personnel in the region and wider environment in the long term,
- providing the environment with qualified staff,
- awarding the professional title to graduates,
- nourishing a positive identification of students, graduates and employees with the Faculty.
The Faculty’s vision is to become a socially responsible provider of education and transfer of knowledge in the field of management, business and informatics in the wider geographical area, offering study programmes in all three Bologna cycles of higher education.